Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Yamaha YZF-R12008 blue colour

I was at a loss to explain what had happened and was beginning to doubt myself as I knew I couldn't have tried any harder but we've since found out there was a problem with the piston ring and it's been affecting the performance of the bike all weekend. It's obviously too late for this weekend but at least we now know that it was a mechanical problem rather than anything to do with my riding. It's just so frustrating to go from the top ten to the back of the grid in the space of a couple of weeks but all we can do is wipe the slate clean and move on to the next round to get back to where I feel we should be running." Speaking later, a very disappointed Simon said; "After the high of Snetterton, I've been well and truly brought back down to earth this weekend.
 
It's a real disappointment to have come here and have the weekend that I've had, even more because all mysponsors, family and friends were here.
Brands is one of my favourite circuits and I love racing on the GP track so I was really looking forward to building on the Snetterton result but it didn't matter what I did, nothing would go right. I was absolutely trying my hardest from start to finish but couldn't get anywhere near the times I did in 2009 and every time I went out something would go wrong.

The bike was a lot slower than what it was at Snetterton and I couldn't get any grip whilst on Sunday I was convinced it was going to seize at any time.

No comments:

Post a Comment